Best Guided Tours of the Vatican in Rome
Highlights from a small sample of the vest Vatican guided tours. Finding the right guided tour is important so you can discover Rome on your own terms.
I took a guided tour of the Vatican when I visited - it was not nearly as interested as any of these, though…
Foods of Rome by rome food tours on Flickr.
Photo from one of a Rome Food Tour I took a few months ago - though the photo isn’t mine it makes me ache to go back to Rome! That and it makes me hungry for some REAL cheese.
15 ways to be a travel blogger
People like to ask how to succeed as a travel blogger. Here’s the overwhelmingly popular things that travel bloggers do to try to get noticed, to inflate their ego or to “succeed.” Success is always in the eye of the beholder, and I’m trying not to be too judgmental in this post—though, admittedly, some of these actions are unsurprisingly shady.
- Only follow & engage with people more important than you on Twitter
- Writes posts that begin with a number
- Post promiscuous photos of yourself
- Engage in something controversial
- Write about travel blogging
- Take photos from Pinterest and publish them on your Facebook
- Be especially friendly with anyone who works in the travel & tourism PR industry
- Share other bloggers’ content (automate this process for maximum effect)
- Create a secret Facebook group to share/promote your posts among like-minded bloggers (and generate easy FB likes)
- Automate your social media to send out content every 2 minutes
- Buy an online press release
- Buy Facebook fans
- Buy Twitter followers
- Turn all your blog posts into a PDF and submit to Scribd
- Run multiple websites
This is exactly how I imagined Tuscany #florence #firenze #travel (Taken with Instagram at Giardino delle Rose)
Beach day in Rimini #rimini #italy #travel (Taken with Instagram at Bagno 44 Pino)
Free Mud! #jordan #travel (Taken with Instagram at Dead Sea)
If you pack lightly, you live lightly. If you can figure out your suitcase, it’s pretty much you can figure out your life.
-Diane von Furstenberg
really like these illustrations
“While traveling we have a unique chance to try out all this good stuff. We can start sharing a little, go to a less westernized hotel, experiment with vegetarian or vegan food, take a bus instead of a rental car, cook with a small stove, save water and drink from the source rather than a plastic bottle, or, heck, if we are intrepid adventurers we hitchhike, camp and couchsurf our way to everywhere, bathing in the river using a small piece of organic soap, eating raw food and telling folks we meet about this lifestyle that is a curiosity now, but a necessity tomorrow.”